From offices in the U.S., England and China, we advise multinational companies based in the U.S. and overseas on the full range of international transactions and complex cross-border matters. Our knowledge of customs, trade, export control, antitrust and anti-bribery laws guides us as we craft solutions for clients seeking to conduct business globally.
- International mergers and acquisitions
- International joint venture negotiation, structuring and documentation
- Restructuring of international operations and joint ventures
- Establishment of wholly foreign owned subsidiaries
- International franchising
- Establishment of "greenfield" manufacturing, assembly, warehousing and distribution centers
- Strategies for international sales, distribution and manufacturing
- International investments
- Cross-border commercial contracting
- International arbitration and dispute resolution
- Establishment of tax efficient overseas holding companies
- Licensing and technology transfer arrangements, including trade secret protection
- Global data transfers and enterprise-wide global privacy programs
- Reviews of transactions by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), international trade and export and import controls.
Our team works collaboratively across borders to identify and avoid issues that may slow down or derail a transaction, and to ensure the deal is structured to achieve the client's business goals. Throughout each matter, we advise on compliance with U.S., foreign and international regulations, such as:
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Export Administration regulations
- Office of Foreign Assets Control stipulations
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- The European Union's Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemical Substances regulation
- The EU's Restriction on Hazardous Substances Directive
- The EU's Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations
Through our membership in Lex Mundi, a worldwide law firm network, we have access to top-rated lawyers in nearly every country. Our professionals have built close relationships with experienced corporate lawyers in countries where local counsel may be needed. Several of our lawyers are fluent in various languages, including Arabic, German, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Shanghainese, Hindi, Bengali and Urdu, which allows for seamless cooperation with local counsel in many areas.