Chuck Schalliol counsels clients in matters involving emerging companies, private equity, venture capital and corporate finance. Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, he was director of the Indiana Office of Management and Budget and Chief Financial Officer for the State of Indiana. Chuck was Gov. Mitch Daniels' first appointment following the 2004 election.
During his 2½ years as OMB Director, Chuck had direct responsibility for the Administration's budgets and financial organizations, including the State's two pension funds, as well as agencies with 2,000 state employees. He also was responsible for the State's efficiency efforts for all state institutions. Chuck was active for the Administration in all financially based legislative efforts. He led the financing of the billion-dollar Indiana stadium and convention center project and was responsible for both the planning and implementation of the $4 billion leasing transaction of the Indiana Toll Road. Chuck led the Administration's effort to license the Indiana Lottery. Under his leadership, the State achieved its first balanced budget in eight years, passed four years of balanced budgets and received credit upgrades from major rating agencies.
Prior to serving in state government, Chuck was the first president and CEO of BioCrossroads, the Indiana-based life sciences initiative. He led the effort to create a comprehensive strategy for Indiana's life sciences sector and the formation of several new businesses, promotion of high-tech jobs and creation of two venture funds — the Indiana Future Fund 1 and the Indiana Seed Fund 1.
Chuck also worked in several executive level positions at Eli Lilly and Company, principally in strategic planning, investment banking and business development. He was founder and managing director of three Lilly venture funds, as well as executive director of corporate finance and investment banking. Chuck led the purchase and sale of companies for Lilly, including the formation of Guidant Corporation.
Chuck additionally has held senior operating positions in a San Diego medical device company, IVAC Corporation, in operations, quality assurance, product testing, engineering and regulatory capacities. He has worked in both public accounting and law firms, including as a corporate attorney at Faegre Baker Daniels after graduating from Yale Law School.
- Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship Award
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honorary Society
- Sagamore of the Wabash awarded by Governor Mitch Daniels
- Welsh-Bowen Distinguished Public Official Award
- First Merchants Corporation — Chairman
- IU Health North Hospital — Director and Chair of Finance Committee
- BioCrossroads — Director
- Indiana Secondary Market Fund, Inc. — Chairman
- Heritage Crystal Clean Corporation — Director
- CHV Capital, Inc. — Director
- Indiana Seed Fund — Board Member
- IURTC — Director, Executive Committee and Chair of Audit Committee
- Purdue Research Foundation — Director and Chair of Finance Committee
- Indiana Innovation Fund — Board Member
- Cambridge Capital Investment Fund — Board Member
- The Nature Conservancy — Trustee
- Indiana University School of Business — Dean's Advisory Council
- SPEA — Dean Advisory Council
- Indiana Fiscal Policy Institute — Past Chairman
- Arts Council of Indianapolis — Past President
- Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship Advisory Council, Purdue University