Our London office, established in 1985, is recognised for its ability to punch above its weight.
- Office snapshot: We provide corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, dispute resolution, employment, commerce and technology, and commercial property advice to clients in all markets using English Law.
- A gateway for clients: We provide services to blue-chip enterprises, foreign investors, entrepreneurs and privately-held companies. Our office is a gateway for clients conducting business throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and we are often called upon to advise on transactions in emerging markets.
- Global reach: The firm has completed deals for Chinese, Russian, U.S., German, Israeli, Danish and Irish businesses as well as domestic clients in jurisdictions including Malaysia, Russia, U.S., Ireland, Germany and Australia. Our office includes lawyers who speak fluent French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Russian and Farsi/Persian, and we regularly conduct deals in these languages.
- Recognized expertise: Our employment team is the 2012 winner of The Lawyer's prestigious "UK Employment Team of the Year" award. In 2013, we were recognized as England's Law Firm of the Year for Labour Law and Restructuring Law by Corporate INTL. Our business litigation group deals with all forms of dispute solution and its members are accredited mediators qualified in domestic and international arbitration. Both Chambers UK and Legal 500 UK have recognised our lead partners for employment, business litigation, capital markets and corporate / M&A.
- Relationship-oriented: The lawyers in our London office are particularly well connected within the London financial community and are often able to provide introductions to other advisers and intermediaries.
Our London office is an essential element of Faegre Baker Daniels' global platform. The people in our UK office are experts in their fields and consistently provide outstanding service to our clients.
Living and Working in London
London is a leading global city and the world's largest financial centre, with strengths in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism and transport all contributing to its prominence. People want to live and work in London because it offers such an array of amenities:
- Rich in history: The Tower of London and three other World Heritage Sites, as well as Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, the London Eye and other landmarks are found across the city.
- A centre for arts and culture: The city is home to numerous museums, galleries, libraries, and cultural institutions, including the British Museum, National Gallery, British Library, Royal Opera House and 40 theatres. London is a major classical and popular music capital and is home to major music corporations as well as countless orchestras, bands, musicians and industry professionals.
- Abundant entertainment: The West End, Chinatown (in Soho) and Covent Garden are home to many cinemas, bars, clubs, restaurants and specialty shops. Wembley Stadium, Lord's Cricket Ground and Wimbledon are famous sporting venues. The O2 centre in Greenwich is a state of the art concert arena.
More information on living and working in London can be found here.