Faegre Baker Daniels provides integrated and strategic legal counsel on the full range of financial matters — complex financial transactions, corporate debt restructurings and related litigation matters — to clients with operations worldwide. Our transactional, restructuring, and financial litigation lawyers collaborate to seamlessly implement your business strategies.
For more than a century, we have represented financial institutions, corporations, and investors in all areas of finance, including syndicated lending, leverage leasing, subordinated and mezzanine lending, public finance, asset-based lending, and Indian finance. We handle corporate bankruptcies, debt restructurings, and financial litigation matters, including fraudulent transfers, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and enforcement of loan and trust agreements.
Our lawyers — working closely with Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting, our federal advocacy and business strategy division in Washington, D.C. — also represent numerous financial institutions and industry trade associations on issues before Congress and federal agencies. We are well-positioned to advise commercial banks, thrifts, industrial loan corporations, non-bank lenders, small business lenders, venture capital firms, securities firms, housing and mortgage interests, and other financial industry players on federal affairs public policy issues.
We understand that running a successful institution involves more than regulatory and legislative issues. Our services include:
- Direct advocacy of Congress, the White House and federal departments, and agencies
- Legislative analysis, research, and drafting of statutory and report language
- Drafting and finalizing formal comments submitted during the federal rulemaking process
- Collaborative development of advocacy strategies
- Representation during Congressional investigations
- Management of coalitions and other consultants
- Grassroots advocacy to advance public policy objectives
- Assessment of public policy opportunities