Faegre & Benson's client, Crop Production Services, Inc. (a U.S.-based retail subsidiary of Agrium, Inc.), presented us with an opportunity regarding the completion of a task designed to update county-level real property records in a large number of jurisdictions, reflecting the effect of various mergers and name changes that have taken place over a number of years. The work was completed within five short months.
We believe effective legal representation begins with understanding our clients' businesses and the environment in which they operate. We call this collaborative approach More Together®. Our legal capabilities, combined with our commitment to teamwork, enabled Faegre & Benson to provide quality, cost-effective and successful legal counsel to Crop Production Services.
The Faegre & Benson client team identified several components of the process and relationship that made this a significantly beneficial experience for both parties involved:
- With the aid of the firm's workflow mapping specialist, we developed an efficient, step-by-step process for project management from start to finish
- The firm's "bench depth" in our real estate group allowed us to staff the project with well qualified professionals in order to ensure on-time completion of project without compromising quality
- Communication with Crop Production Services at every step of the way kept them informed, addressed questions efficiently as they arose, and ensured client satisfaction as the project progressed
- Numerous cutting-edge project management tools were utilized, including a Project Reference Notebook system (PRN) and an extranet Web page
- An effective use of an alternative fee structure satisfied the client's need/desire for predictability in its legal fee budgeting
"In the end, by choosing Faegre & Benson for this project, we were able to delegate the project to their team and know that we would receive a consistently high-quality product, on budget, and on time," said Billy Pirkle, Senior Director in the EHS/Legal Department at Crop Production Services. "Ultimately, this collaborative effort was a real success."
Faegre & Benson serves businesses throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in Minneapolis in 1886, we have served clients in every U.S. state and in more than 100 countries.