Faegre & Benson is recognized for its leading general commercial litigation practices in Minnesota and Colorado in the 2010 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The Minnesota practice received a band 1 ranking.
Chambers calls the firm's Colorado practice "an excellent litigation team with a flexible mindset." The Minnesota practice is "in court all the time. It's solid from top to bottom," according to Chambers.
Client feedback to Chambers on specific lawyers includes:
- Michael McCarthy. Praised as "a first-rate lawyer with a great attitude." He represented Xcel Energy in a dispute against the insurance company and broker that sold Xcel corporate-owned life insurance policies on the lives of thousands of its employees.
- Charles Webber. "A tremendous trial lawyer" with experience in a broad range of disputes including financial institution, consumer credit, oil and gas and commercial sales. He sits on the Minnesota Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Civil Appellate Procedure.
- Randall Kahnke. Receives considerable praise for his "intellect, discipline, strategy and preparation." Boston Scientific and General Mills are among his key clients.
- James Volling. Appreciated for knowing how to "handle, manage and try cases." He has particular expertise in white-collar and antitrust matters.
- Delmar Ehrich. Lauded for his environmental expertise. He is representing Cargill against claims brought by the State of Oklahoma alleging pollution of the Illinois River and its watershed.
- James O'Neal, for defending Novartis nationally against numerous products liability suits connected to its drug Zelnorm. He has a general litigation practice.
- Wendy Wildung, for having a practice emphasizing securities litigation and public company disputes.
- Robert Schnell. "An outstanding lawyer and formidable adversary."
- Brian O'Neill, for being a talented senior trial and appellate lawyer who came to prominence for his work on Exxon Valdez.
- David Gross. "An outstanding reputation for IP matters."
- Kenneth Liebman. Renowned IP practitioner with expertise in medical devices.
- Aaron Van Oort. "Smart appellate lawyer with valuable clerking experience."
For more information, view the firm's profile on the Chambers USA website.