Faegre & Benson is recognized for its leading real estate practices in Minnesota and Colorado in the 2010 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
The Colorado construction practice received a band 1 ranking. Chambers says Faegre & Benson is "highly thought of" in Colorado "with a strong real estate presence in the state."
A client quoted in Chambers says there is no doubt the firm's Minnesota real estate practice is "top-notch."
Client feedback to Chambers on specific lawyers includes:
- Charles Ferrell. Unanimously praised as "one of the top players in the market."
- Angela Christy. Gets glowing reviews for her expertise in tax credits and affordable housing, as well as for her "strong business connections." She is extensively engaged in the real estate bar.
- John Wheaton. Experienced corporate real estate practitioner with strong technical skills and "an incisive mind." He recently represented Target in the redevelopment of a store site in California.
- Thomas Mayerle for his work for Target.
- Scott Anderegg. Noted for his business-getting talents. He has strong relationships with some of the firm's biggest clients.
- John Herman. "A long-standing, high-quality practitioner" with an environmental law background. He represents developers and is highly recommended for his strong government contacts.
- Leslie Fields. Advises on acquisitions, valuation processes and condemnation cases. She is considered "a real expert in her field."
- Diane Davies. Focuses on commercial real estate sales, leasing and development and commercial lending and is considered a "premier-level" attorney with an extremely active state practice.
- David Arkell. Advises on planning and dispute avoidance as well as dispute resolution. He is praised as "a top-flight lawyer—smart, knowledgeable and an excellent arbitrator." He acted on the arbitration of disputes with a subcontractor relating to a major grocery store and mixed-use development in Lakewood, Colorado.
- Charles Calvin. Focuses on the acquisition, development and operation of mixed-use common interest communities. These include condominium projects and planned communities, often in the resort arena. He is viewed as "a high-class lawyer, extraordinarily knowledgeable and intelligent."
For more information, view the firm's profile on the Chambers USA website.