Baker & Daniels LLP has announced its top leadership positions for 2011, including the election of David Barrett and re-election of Hud Pfeiffer to three-year terms on the law firm's strategic and policy board.
Tom Froehle, Baker & Daniels chair and chief executive partner, re-appointed the following as members of the firm's executive committee:
- Roger Flower, chief operating officer;
- Steve Jackson, who focuses his legal practice in health care and life sciences;
- Scott Kosnoff, managing partner for professional personnel who practices in insurance and financial services;
- Jackie Simmons, managing partner for client service who leads the firm's China and international practices;
- Greg Utken, managing partner for legal practices who focuses his practice in labor and employment law; and
- Dave Zook, managing partner for consulting practices who advises private and public sector clients on federal budgetary, legislative and regulatory matters from the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Froehle also is a member of the executive committee, which is responsible for day-to-day operations of the firm. Members of Baker & Daniels' strategic and policy board include Froehle and Flower as well as:
- David Barrett, a partner and group leader of the business and corporate finance team;
- Rick Michaels, managing partner of the Chicago office who practices in business and corporate finance;
- Mike Nader, a partner and group leader of the employee benefits practice;
- Hud Pfeiffer, a partner and group leader of the labor and employment practice;
- Chris Scanlon, a partner practicing in business and commercial litigation; and
- Andrew Soshnick, a partner practicing in family law matters.
The strategic and policy board's members are elected by the firm's partners, and as its name implies, the board is responsible for establishing the strategic direction and policies for the firm.
In addition to Michaels, Baker & Daniels' office managing partners are Dave Kuker in Fort Wayne, Rich Hill in South Bend and Dave Zook in Washington, D.C.
"The dedicated effort and work of so many people resulted in outstanding service for clients and important accomplishments for Baker & Daniels last year," Froehle said. "Our first focus remains providing the best possible service to our clients, and with committed leadership, we're looking forward to an exciting 2011."