Three Faegre & Benson LLP practices, product liability, Native American law, and franchise and distribution, have received nationwide rankings in the 2011 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business:
- Product Liability: Chambers' sources commend the team's client service ("The whole team is amazingly responsive and very hard-working") and commercial awareness ("The lawyers really know the industry").
- Native American law: Commentators call the Faegre & Benson team "exceptionally knowledgeable, user-friendly" and consider the firm "one of a handful of firms qualified to represent both lenders and tribes" in matters of tribal finance.
- Franchise and Distribution: Comments about this practice, known to clients and peers mainly for its litigation arm, single out the lawyers' "excellent breadth of knowledge and the ability to continuously focus on the bigger picture."
In addition, Chambers USA recognized the firm's depth of capabilities and experience with top rankings in Minnesota and Colorado.
In Minnesota, Faegre & Benson achieved the guide's highest recognition in four legal categories:
- Construction: Sources highlight the team's strength in contract negotiations, but its litigation expertise is also highly valued ("They are proactive, and take a business common-sense approach to issues").
- Corporate/M&A: Chambers says that the firm "continues to impress with a strong bench of practitioners of national repute." "This group is very strong, and does sophisticated M&A work," say the sources."It combines a high level of industry knowledge with great practical business sense."
- Litigation: "A top-notch firm with an outstanding litigation practice," sources told Chambers.
- Real Estate: "When it comes to real estate, it's head of the pack."
The Minnesota labor & employment team also received high recognition ("A team with a strong reputation and a wide array of expertise," commentators said).
In Colorado, the firm achieved the guide's highest recognition in the following four legal categories:
- Corporate/M&A: "They have people of a high caliber," commentators said.
- Intellectual Property: According to Chambers' sources, "the team has a tremendous practice, and is more than deserving of its reputation."
- Natural Resources & Environment: Commentators recommend the team for its deep understanding of international alternative energy and clean technology.
- Real Estate -- Construction: "An impressive team for whom no deal is too complex or too large."
In Iowa, the firm received recognition for its work in litigation ("The work ethic, client service and quality of work are stellar and make for a uniformly positive experience").
Based on strong recommendations from the market, a total of 55 Faegre & Benson lawyers were named "Leaders in their Field." The lawyers and their respective practices are:
Scott A. Anderegg, Real Estate
J. David Arkell, Real Estate: Construction
Peter Berrie, Real Estate
Jeffrey A. Brimer, Franchising
Kerry Bundy, Franchising
Morgan Burns, Corporate/M&A
Jacob Bylund, Litigation: General Commercial
Charles D. Calvin, Real Estate: Hotels & Leisure
James H Carroll, Corporate/M&A
Angela M. Christy, Real Estate
Diane B. Davies, Real Estate
Delmar R. Ehrich, Litigation: General Commercial
Bruce M. Engler, Corporate/M&A
Charles S. Ferrell, Real Estate
Leslie A. Fields, Real Estate
Philip S. Garon, Corporate/M&A
David J.F. Gross, Litigation: Intellectual Property
Peter C. Halls, Construction
Natalie Hanlon-Leh, Intellectual Property
Aaron J. Harkins, Native American Law
James Hartnett, Construction
Kevin Hein, Franchising
John H. Herman, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
Andrew G. Humphrey, Corporate/M&A
Ross W. Johnson, Litigation: General Commercial
William R. Joyce, Construction
Randall E. Kahnke, Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: Intellectual Property
Steven C. Kennedy, Corporate/M&A
William L. Killion, Franchising
Charles F. Knapp, Labor & Employment
Lynn M. Kornfeld, Natural Resources & Environment
Michael Lapicola, Construction
Kenneth A. Liebman, Litigation: Intellectual Property
Elizabeth A. MacDonald, Labor & Employment
Thomas M. Mayerle, Real Estate
Michael S. McCarthy, Litigation: General Commercial
Kathlyn E. Noecker, Labor & Employment
Patrick J. O'Connor, Jr., Construction
Brian B. O'Neill, Litigation: General Commercial
Joseph M. Price, Products Liability & Mass Torts
Kent E. Richey, Native American Law
Linda L. Rockwood, Natural Resources & Environment
Brian B. Schnell, Franchising
Robert L. Schnell, Jr., Litigation: General Commercial
Amy C. Seidel, Corporate/M&A
James R. Spaanstra, Natural Resources & Environment
Michael A. Stanchfield, Corporate/M&A
Aaron D. Van Oort, Litigation: Appellate
James L. Volling, Litigation: General Commercial
Kim J. Walker, Litigation: General Commercial
Nina Wang, Intellectual Property
Charles F. Webber, Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: Appellate
John R. Wheaton, Real Estate
Wendy J. Wildung, Litigation: General Commercial
Douglas R. Wright, Corporate/M&A
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business is an annual guide ranking attorneys and law firms based on in-depth research and interviews with clients, attorneys and corporate counsel.