FaegreBD Consulting, through its Health and Biosciences practice, is privileged to work with a number of institutions and individuals who are doing groundbreaking work in translational research. We are pleased that several of our colleagues and clients in this area have been appointed to serve on the charter advisory council for the NCATS (National Center for Translational Sciences) and for CAN (Cures Acceleration Network). We congratulate the following individuals who have achieved this fine distinction:
- Frank L. Douglas, the president & CEO of Austen BioInnovation Institute
- Scott Weir, the director of the Institute for Advancing Medical Innovation at the University of Kansas
- Lou DeGennaro, the chief mission officer for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Margaret Anderson, the executive director of Faster Cures
- Myrl Weinberg, president of the National Health Council
We appreciate all that these individuals and their fine colleagues will contribute to NCATS as it moves forward to catalyze efforts across the NIH in translational science.