The food and dietary supplements industries are confronting a new and still undefined regulatory landscape under the Food Safety Modernization Act. At the same time, they are experiencing increased enforcement actions and consumer fraud lawsuits relating to labeling and health claims.
Join Sarah Brew of Faegre Baker Daniels and Ken Odza of Kellogg Company, co-chairs of this workshop, to learn the most recent developments and challenges on both the regulatory and litigation fronts, with perspectives from government officials from FDA and NIH, national practitioners, food industry in-house counsel and representatives, and leading experts and consultants.
The programs include:
- Food Safety Modernization Act Update
- Food Labeling: Riding the Tide of Consumer Fraud Class Actions
- Food Labeling: How to Avoid an FDA or FTC Enforcement Action
- So How Did Walnuts Become Drugs? Compliance Issues for Companies that Sell Dietary Supplements
- Ethical Considerations when Dealing with Complex Compliance Issues