Please join Faegre Baker Daniels and members of the senior U.S. leadership team of U.K. Trade & Investment (UKTI) as we welcome Her Majesty’s Consul General Stephen Bridges to our Minneapolis office.
During our two-hour co-hosted seminar, speakers from the U.S. and the U.K. will discuss issues affecting U.S. businesses operating or planning to operate in the U.K. and EU. This is a unique opportunity being arranged during the British Pop-Up Consulate which is in Minneapolis from February 9-12.
Learn why you should expand your business into the United Kingdom — the European Union’s top economic performer — and how to access key opportunities to successfully grow your business internationally.
The seminar will be an interactive presentation with Q&A opportunities. This seminar is designed for:
- Companies with planned or potential U.K. / EU business: We will provide an overview of the general steps a company should follow to establish a U.K. entity and conduct business in the U.K. and Europe.
- Companies with recently established U.K. entities: We will provide an update of the current U.K. business environment and a forward look at 2015.
Discussion topics to include:
- Key considerations in planning an initial entry into the U.K. market - including why establish operations in the U.K. over other EU and international destinations (e.g. tax advantages; government support for R&D).
- Overview of key legal issues (e.g. choice of entity; agency vs distribution; employee rights).
- Global mobility considerations (including visas and immigration rules).
- Update on the current U.K. business environment and a forward look at 2015.
Don't miss this opportunity to discuss issues affecting global organizations and the advantages of utilizing the U.K. as a gateway to Europe.
Following the seminar and interactive discussions, we invite you to join us for a cocktail reception from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the British Pop-Up Consulate Minneapolis venue located in the Skyway of RBC Plaza.
Participation in both the seminar and reception is complimentary. Advance registration is required.