Featured Keynote: U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield, Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Energy and Power
Faegre Baker Daniels' and FaegreBD Consulting's annual energy and environmental symposium was held on Tuesday, February 24, 2015. The event focused on energy security, and our speakers and panelists examined the following topics:
- Energy Imports/Exports – Given the change in the global market, what are the policy, legal and business issues that need to be addressed?
- Grid Reliability – How do we maintain a reliable electricity grid with infrastructure needs and growing federal regulations?
- Congressional Committee Panel – Examination of the priorities and concerns of the congressional committees, with an emphasis on their legislative and oversight agenda for the 114th Congress.
- Cybersecurity and the Energy Sector – How to prepare and act on opportunities, threats and realities.
Speakers included representatives from Congress and the administration as well as energy experts from the private sector. Confirmed speakers included:
- Patrick Morrisey, Attorney General, State of West Virginia
- Ryan Jackson, Majority Staff Director, Senate Environment & Public Works Committee
- Jason Knox, Majority Staff Director, House Natural Resources Committee
- Martha Rudolph, ECOS Vice President, Director of Environmental Programs, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Christopher Pogue, MSIT, CISSP, CREA, GCFA, QSA, SVP, Cyber Threat Analysis, Nuix
- Jessica Matlock, Director, Government Relations, Snohomish County PUD
- Tania Perez, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- John Seale, Legislative Counsel, Majority Whip Steve Scalise
- Rebecca Seidel, General Counsel, Senate Commerce Committee
- Brendan Williams, Senior Vice President of Advocacy, American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers
- Carolyn Brouillard, Manager, Regulatory Policy and Strategy, Xcel Energy
- Jeff Navin, Partner, Boundary Stone Partners
Questions? Contact Lindsey Merek at +1 317 237 1289 or lindsey.merek@FaegreBD.com.