Amie Peele Carter and Lou Perry will present at the Advanced Trademark Law Annual Review 2015 on March 24. They will share insight on "Establishing Trademark 'Use' to Secure Registration and Common Law Protection: Tacking, Abandonment, Excusable Non-Use/Residual Goodwill." The presentation will include:
- An explanation of the definition of trademark tacking
- How the Supreme Court's decision in Hana Financial, Inc. v. Hana Bank affects the tacking doctrine
- When trademark tacking should work and when it shouldn't
- What is relevant to the trademark tacking analysis that may not be readily evident
- How to appeal to your finder of fact in a trademark tacking case
- How to counsel clients on trademark use to avoid the need to use the tacking doctrine altogether
The day-long event will cover current trends and case law impacting the practice of trademark law today and will emphasize practical skills for corporate and law firm attorneys.