This is part of a bimonthly webinar series hosted by Faegre Baker Daniels’ international team. The series will tackle timely issues of importance for companies whose business and growth objectives are international in scope.
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation, which came into force on May 25, 2018, is the most significant change in global data protection laws in a generation. It has wide extra-territorial reach and impacts U.S. businesses across all sectors, regardless of whether they have a business presence in the EU. The GDPR requires significant operational and technical changes – which many organisations are still in the process of implementing.
Join us for an update on key developments over the last 12 months and an overview of how U.S. businesses are adapting to the new challenges, including:
- Enforcement trends and regulatory fines to date
- Latest regulatory guidance, including territorial scope
- Operationalizing the GDPR within the business, including internal records, data protection impact assessments and managing data subject rights requests
- Lessons learned in managing data breaches under the GDPR and trends in data breach litigation
- GDPR in the context of a global privacy program
- GDPR’s impact on digital marketing strategies
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. PDT
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. MDT
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. CDT
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EDT
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. BST
Have a scheduling conflict? Register for the live event, and we'll send you the on-demand recording shortly after the broadcast date.
Applications for CLE credit will be submitted in Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado and Minnesota. You will have an opportunity to identify the state(s) where you require credit during the registration process. We apply for credit in additional states where there are five or more attendees requesting credit.
If you have questions about this program, please contact Lindsey Merek or call +1 317 237 1289.