With a new wave of federal and state employment laws taking effect in 2020 and beyond, Illinois employers are facing murky and, in some cases, uncharted waters. Faegre Baker Daniels’ Stacey Smiricky and Sylvia Bokyung St. Clair are here to elucidate these changes and steer you through:
- Updates on sexual harassment legislation, including the new Illinois Workplace Transparency Act (WTA).
- Specific requirements for hotel and casino employers in preventing sexual harassment from guests in the workplace.
- Use of artificial intelligence (AI) in video interviews.
- Marijuana in the workplace, including Illinois’ recreational marijuana law.
- Minimum wage changes and schedule posting requirements.