For drug and device developers, partnering with patients in the research and drug development process has the potential to deliver new, measurable benefits, particularly in creating products that deliver outcomes that are meaningful to patients and caregivers. In a podcast interview with Driving Insights to Action (DIA), Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting Principal Debra Lappin discusses the future of patient partnerships and what needs to be done to unlock the full potential of patient-focused drug development.
The full interview touches on a number of topics, including:
- How patient information-sharing can drive and enhance drug research
- How to bridge the gaps between patient groups, industry authorities and regulators
- How to overcome patient groups’ reluctance to engage with industry influencers
- How drug developers can justify investment in patient engagement
- How patient partnerships can ultimately deliver greater financial returns to drug developers