- Mergers and Acquisitions — Represents private equity firms, family offices and operating companies in acquisitions, dispositions, mergers and other business combinations.
- Corporate Finance — Advises clients in connection with seed and venture capital investments, mezzanine financing and commercial credit facilities.
- Economic Development — Advises clients on state and local economic incentive programs, including EDGE, training grants, property tax abatement and the creation of TIF districts.
- Entrepreneurship — Counsels emerging businesses on formation, employment issues, equity structure, licensing and intellectual property matters, and acquiring investments.
- Contracts — Advises sports and entertainment clients on marketing agreements, recording contracts, licensing, publishing deals and event sponsorships.
Jim acts as transaction and/or general corporate counsel to many companies with a top 10 U.S. and/or global market share.
Jim has experience counseling on strategic mergers and acquisitions in industries such as food and agribusiness, information technology, consumer products, insurance, manufacturing, and life sciences.
Indy M&A Leader
Jim is the founder and chair of Faegre Baker Daniels’ M&A Conference in Indianapolis, which is Indiana's largest M&A conference.