Ryan has represented clients in a range of industries — including a Fortune 100 company — on intellectual property-related matters, including:
- Drafting patent applications for electrical, software, optical, communications and mechanical technologies
- Advising in the preparation and response to actions from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and foreign offices
- Counseling on patent portfolio management
- Researching prior art and clearance
- Advising on patentability
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Ryan worked as an associate at a Minneapolis firm. During law school, he worked as a student attorney with the University of Minnesota Insurance Law Clinic and interned in the USPTO, where he reviewed electrical and software patent applications.