Steven has represented both buyers and sellers in a broad range of merger and acquisition matters, from private sell-side transactions to cross-border public company mergers.
Steven is the leader of the firm's Minneapolis office.
Steven represents publicly held companies such as Archer-Daniels-Midland-Company, Hawkins, Inc., Piper Jaffray Companies, Polaris Industries and Winnebago Industries. He also represents several larger private companies and technology-focused emerging growth companies. Steven also advises several private equity firms on their portfolio investments.
Steven represents buyers and sellers in public and private merger and acquisition transactions. Representative matters include:
- Representation of Buffalo Wild Wings on its sale to Arby's Restaurant Group.
- Representation of Zimmer Biomet on its acquisition of Medtech S.A., a French public company.
- Representation of Responsive Orthopedics on its sale to Medtronic, Inc.
- Representation of Northern Pacific Group on its investment in 1st Choice Courier.
- Representation of Wilmington Group plc on its acquisition of Compliance Week from Haymarket Publishing Group.
- Representation of Baxter International, Inc. on its acquisition of assets from Inspiration BioPharmaceuticals, Inc. and Ipsen Pharma S.A.S.
- Representation of Archer Daniels Midland Company on the sale of its ownership interest in Gruma SAB.
- Representation of Verisae, Inc. on its sale to Marlin Equity Partners.
Steven spent two years in the middle of his career as General Counsel of Dantis, Inc., an internet infrastructure company owned by Madison Dearborn and Norwest Equity Partners. Steven began his legal career at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York and was previously an auditor with Arthur Andersen in Washington, D.C.