Julie's experience includes:
- Pharmacies, including compounding, specialty and retail pharmacies
- Pharmacy benefits management and services Drug Quality and Security Act and state pharmacy law
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) compliance
- Market access and analysis, payment reform and reimbursement
- Medicare Part D/formulary management
- Strategic transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions (Pedigree/import requirements for registration and APIs)
- Government affairs, policy and legislative advocacy
- FDA inspections, enforcement letters and product recalls
- Drug promotion and interactions with health care professionals
- Sunshine Act/Open Payments
- Telemedicine/Digital Health
- State and federal health care regulations
Health Care Counsel
Prior to joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Julie spent nearly two decades providing legal counsel to various health care organizations, including terms at the American Medical Association, a national specialty pharmacy, and, most recently, as general counsel and VP at a global leader in pharmaceutical wholesaling and compounding. In these roles, she resolved issues quickly, effectively and unobtrusively, so as not to interfere with day-to-day operations.
Julie spent time as a registered lobbyist and head of government affairs for two major pharmaceutical companies, one of which focused almost exclusively on regenerative medicine and wound care. Julie has worked closely on all the issues surrounding commercialization of transformational treatments and technologies, including biologics, chemical compounds and devices.