Life Sciences Regulatory and Compliance Expertise
Jill helps pharmaceutical and other life sciences companies evolve and comply with regulatory changes and other challenges. She has particular expertise in:
- State, federal and international transparency laws and requirements (e.g., Sunshine Act, state gift prohibitions).
- Developing marketing materials and product plans within FDA regulatory parameters.
- Providing legal oversight of drug sampling under the Prescription Drug Marketing Act (PDMA).
- Complying with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
At Eli Lilly and Company
As an attorney, legal consultant and medical associate at Eli Lilly and Company, Jill served as both a product and therapeutic medical specialist and a legal authority on commercial activities and innovative approaches for multiple products. In her time at Lilly, Jill:
- Collaborated with global business partners to develop scientific and regulatory documents and resources.
- Assisted in developing promotional and educational materials and activities for prescription drug products and pipeline disease states.
- Provided company-wide support in health care professional transparency reporting, including interpretation and compliance with FDA and Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America Code, Sunshine Act, and state laws and regulations. This included participating in a multi-company Coalition that gave industry guidance to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as it implemented the Sunshine Act.
- Performed legal oversight of drug sampling processes.
At Navigant Consulting
After leaving Lilly, Jill served one year in Navigant Consulting’s global life sciences regulatory compliance practice. She supported pharmaceutical and medical device companies in developing compliance processes and handbooks, complying with physician transparency regulations and corporate integrity agreements, working within risk evaluation mitigation strategies, and guiding creation and dissemination of client promotional and medical materials.
Prior to her tenure at Eli Lilly and Company, Jill was a litigator serving primarily medical and dental clients. She became the first female partner elected by an Indianapolis-based law firm and served on the firm Executive Committee. She was also president of McCrory Consulting, where she provided medical-legal services for attorneys, physicians, dentists and health practice groups.
- Indiana Trial Advocacy College — Annual faculty member, 1995-2009
Jill enjoys golf, hiking, wine tasting, yard and garden projects, and puppy playing!