Mitch has experience defending claims arising under the ICRA, FMLA, ADEA, ADA and Title VII. He has also had significant exposure to nationwide class, collective and systemic litigation arising under Title VII, the FLSA, and state wage-and-hour laws.
Mitch has gained valuable litigation experience early in his career, including:
- Leading the preparation of dispositive motions and briefs at the state and federal levels
- Arguing motions before the Court
- Taking and defending depositions
- Leading the preparation of appellate briefs filed with the Iowa Supreme Court and Iowa Court of Appeals
- Serving as second chair at trial
Mitch previously worked as an underwriter for an insurance company in Des Moines. He draws from the business perspective he gained prior to attending law school to better understand the issues faced by clients and to craft legal strategies with their companies’ unique attributes in mind.
Mitch enjoys running in his free time, and he completed the IMT Des Moines Marathon in 2016 and 2017.