Pat represents clients on all sides of the construction industry, including contractors, owners, suppliers, sureties, insurers and finance companies, and design professionals. He is the co-author of the 12-volume construction law treatise entitled Bruner & O'Connor on Construction Law, published by Thomson Reuters. He also serves as an expert witness in connection with various construction disputes.
Additional Industry Experience
- Served as outside counsel to AIA Documents Committee.
- Served as adviser for the American Law Institute's Restatement on Suretyship and Guaranty. The American Law Institute in 1996 chose 16 lawyers from private practice and academia to act as advisers in the preparation of the Restatement Third Suretyship and Guaranty.
- Holds LEED AP (new construction) certification from U.S. Green Building Council.
Dispute Resolution Experience
- Arbitrator in numerous construction disputes.
- Mediator in numerous two-party and multi-party construction disputes.