Nicole provides legal counsel on regulatory, transactional and corporate matters, including:
- General Company Compliance – Nicole helps insurance companies, captive insurance companies, HMOs, third party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers and other regulated entities maintain compliance with federal and state statutes and regulations.
- Holding Company Act Matters – Nicole prepares Holding Company Act filings on behalf of clients, including Form A and Form D filings. She also counsels clients on various Holding Company Act matters.
- Medicare Secondary Payer (Section 111) Reports – Nicole advises clients on their reporting and compliance obligations under Section 111 of the Medicare, Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007. She files Section 111 reports with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on behalf of clients.
- Patient’s Compensation Fund (PCF) Coverage – Nicole counsels clients on coverage provided by the Indiana PCF and prepares filings on behalf of clients with the Indiana Department of Insurance to ensure continued coverage.
- Medical Malpractice Review Panels – Nicole represents clients before Indiana medical malpractice review panels. She counsels clients throughout the panel process, from the selection of the panel chair through the rendering of the final panel opinion.
- Insurance Company Licensure and Corporate Amendments – Nicole helps insurance companies with applications for state licensure and amendments to such licensure, including the coordination and submission of various UCAA filings.
- Insurance Policy/Contract Issues – Nicole drafts, amends and revises insurance policies/contracts on behalf of clients.
- Regulator Outreach & Advocacy – Nicole works with the Indiana Department of Insurance and state insurance departments across the country on a variety of regulatory and compliance issues.
- Insurance Industry Monitoring – Nicole monitors state and federal legislative and regulatory activity on a variety of insurance issues. She regularly attends the meetings of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
During law school, Nicole worked as a legal extern with a St. Louis-based electric company and co-taught an undergraduate course on women and the law at Washington University in St. Louis. In her summers, Nicole served as a legal intern with the Metropolitan St. Louis Equal Housing & Opportunity Council and worked as a summer associate at Faegre Baker Daniels.