An agile advisor and former legal associate for Eli Lilly and Company, Gary is intimately aware of the interplay between how products are marketed and how that marketing impacts competitor complaints, consumer protection actions and product liability. He partners with clients to help them understand that balance and navigate it aptly, accounting for business objectives and regulatory parameters.
Gary’s areas of expertise include:
- Lanham Act
- Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS)
- Patient support programs and hubs
- Copay/savings card programs
- PhRMA Code
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce (E-SIGN) Act
- FDAMA Section 114 and communications to payers
- Office of Inspector General (OIG) Advisory Opinions
- Drug pricing
- Product vouchers and samples
- Appeals support
He also has a penchant for evaluating and improving internal processes due to his extensive experience working with cross-functional teams.
Prior to breaking into the health care space, Gary worked as a deputy attorney general for the criminal appeals division in the Office of the Indiana Attorney General, where he gained experience in state and federal district court. He represented the State of Indiana before the Indiana Court of Appeals and Indiana Supreme Court. Gary also represented Indiana Department of Correction (IDOC) superintendents in federal habeas corpus proceedings.