Matt has particular expertise in issues related to:
- Internet pharmacies and pharmaceutical supply chain security.
- The convergence of the internet, health care, technology and policy.
- Digital health, including telemedicine, telehealth and mobile health applications.
- Internet governance and ICANN policy.
- Development of a comprehensive and coordinated solution to the United States’ prescription opioid epidemic.
- Health care regulations.
- Coverage and reimbursement.
For more on these issues, check out the Digital Health Law and Policy LinkedIn Group that Matt helps lead.
Collaborating With Key Federal Stakeholders
Matt conducts outreach with key federal departments and agencies involved in health care-related issues, including:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Department of Commerce (DOC)
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Executive Office of the President (EOP)
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- State Department
- U.S. Congress
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- U.S. Trade Representative
Matt also participates in international policy development and implementation, which allows him to engage with key policymakers and regulators throughout Canada, Europe, Asia and elsewhere on health care-related issues.
Clinical Research Experience
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Matt was engaged in cutting-edge cancer treatment research, with a particular focus on drug development, biomarker discovery and validation, and novel therapies. Matt worked to develop a comprehensive oncologic tissue biorepository and clinical database and was responsible for developing and implementing clinical trial site designs and research protocols across various sites within the U.S.