In addition to her compliance and investigation work, Claire advises on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment matters. She has a particular focus on staffing issues arising from acquisitions and other reorganizations, strategic employment counseling, resolving labor disputes, employee hiring and termination, immigration, mass layoffs and labor unrest, establishment and enforcement of company polices, advising on labor union issues, and drafting and negotiating collective contracts.
Claire's experience on employment issues includes:
- Advised on a wide range of PRC employment matters, including drafting employment agreements, employee handbook and non-competition agreements, reviewing labor dispatch agreements with hiring agents, advising companies on expatriate employment and employment-related immigration issues, and assisting with labor dispute resolution
- Handled employee transfer and termination aspects of business restructuring projects in China and advised on the implementation of employee stock option plans for China and related foreign exchange issues
- Provided counsel on employment compliance issues; structuring executive employment and separation agreements, confidentiality and non-competition agreements; and assisting with disciplinary actions, dismissal of senior executives and negotiation of related severance packages
- Advised on M&A-related employment matters, including due diligence, terms related to employment matters and strategies for workforce integration
- Advised on a wide range of China-related expatriate employment and related immigration matters, trade union issues, employee outsourcing arrangements, employee benefits arrangements, employee communications and employee transfer plans