Baker & Daniels LLP is the highest-ranking
The Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms is based on surveys completed by more than 18,000 law firm associates at more than 150 firms across the country. Associates rank their own law firms in categories such as job satisfaction, diversity and training. The top firms in the country are ranked on prestige and quality-of-life in the workplace.
Baker & Daniels was the highest-ranking firm in Indiana in all but one quality-of-life category, and it placed in the top 10 nationally in several categories, including best firm to work for, best in the Midwest, best in overall satisfaction, best in hours, best in associate/partner relationships, and best in informal training/mentoring.
Baker & Daniels surpassed its already-high rankings from previous Vault surveys. For the first time, the firm was recognized in the categories of best in diversity for women, best associate/partner relationship and best firm to work for.
"We've been very aggressive in establishing a quality work environment," said Brian K. Burke, CEO and Chairman of Baker & Daniels. "These rankings are reflective of our commitment to a more diverse firm and a healthier workplace. We're extremely honored that our associates think so highly of Baker & Daniels."
Following are the firm's results for 2008:
- Best Firms to Work for - 7th (2007: not ranked)
- Best in Overall Satisfaction - 5th (2007: 13th)
- Best in Hours - 4th (2007: 17th)
- Best in Associate/Partner Relationships - 6th (2007: not ranked)
- Best in Informal Training/Mentoring - 3rd (2007: 15th)
- Best in Diversity for Women - 15th (2007: not ranked)
- Best in Region for Midwest - 9th (2007: 9th)
Founded in 1863, Baker & Daniels LLP is one of