Seven Faegre & Benson LLP lawyers in Minneapolis and Denver have been named 2011 Lawyers of the Year in their respective practices by Best Lawyers.
A respected peer-review publication in the legal community, Best Lawyers designates "Lawyers of the Year" in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities. Only one lawyer in each specialty is honored as the Lawyer of the Year in a community.
The following Faegre & Benson lawyers were recognized:
- Richard A. Duncan—Minneapolis Best Lawyers Native American Lawyer of the Year
- Leslie A. Fields—Denver Best Lawyers Eminent Domain and Condemnation Lawyer of the Year
- Philip S. Garon—Minneapolis Best Lawyers Corporate Governance and Compliance Lawyer of the Year
- Brian B. O'Neill—Minneapolis Best Lawyer Antitrust Lawyer of the Year
- James P. Stephenson—Minneapolis Best Lawyers Banking Lawyer of the Year
- John R. Wheaton—Minneapolis Best Lawyers Real Estate Lawyer of the Year
- Douglas R. Wright—Denver Best Lawyers Corporate Lawyer of the Year
Best Lawyers compiles lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys with thousands of leading lawyers. The 17th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2011), is based on more than 3.1 million detailed evaluations of lawyers.
Lawyers of the Year received particularly high survey ratings among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity.