Faegre & Benson is recognized as having a leading practice in corporate and M&A law in the 2010 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
Both the Minnesota and Colorado Faegre & Benson teams received band 1 rankings.
Chambers reported, "[In Minnesota,] these attorneys have expertise running the full gamut of corporate and M&A matters. In addition to its core strengths in strategic M&A and private equity work, the team also advises on securities, emerging companies, investment management, financing and Indian gaming matters. Taking advantage of the firm's international network, the group provides counsel on cross-border strategic M&A and FCPA-related matters, particularly in China."
Chambers also reported the Colorado practice "has expertise that covers corporate governance, emerging companies and venture capital issues, franchise and distribution and investment management matters, as well as M&A, private equity, public companies, securities offerings and regulation work. Clients include PrePak Holdings, Displaytech and Enserco Energy."
Client feedback to Chambers on specific lawyers includes:
- Philip Garon, "a superstar attorney and adviser." He recently represented Target in the successful defense of a proxy contest waged by Pershing Square Capital.
- Bruce Engler, a "pragmatic and reasonable" attorney. He recently represented Minneapolis-based Goldner Hawn in its leveraged acquisition of Specialty Commodities, a global food supplier and distributor.
- Andrew Humphrey, chair of the firm with extensive experience of advising on M&A for General Mills.
- Steven Kennedy, head of the public companies practice.
- Amy Seidel, a securities expert and head of the firm's Sarbanes-Oxley practice.
- Michael Stanchfield, active in strategic and public company M&A.
- Douglas Wright, "an impressive lawyer" who represented private equity firm Denargo Capital in the acquisition of a South Dakota-based manufacturer of communications shelters.
- James Carroll has a reputation for being "technically excellent."
For more information, view the firm's profile on the Chambers USA website.