As anyone involved in construction knows, an endless list of legal problems can arise before, during, and after any construction project. Bad contract provisions, insurance gaps, workplace injuries, claims and disputes are just a few examples.
At this year's Construction Law Seminar, Plan for the Best and Prepare for the Worst: Avoiding Legal Snags on Construction Projects, construction industry leaders and Faegre Baker Daniels construction lawyers will discuss ways to prepare for and avoid common legal problems on construction projects.
The half-day seminar will feature the following presentations:
- The Worst in Construction Contracts: The View from All Sides
- The Worst that Can Happen in Insurance: Tips on Avoiding Coverage Gaps
- The Worst that Can Happen After a Construction Accident: Top Ways to Reduce Likelihood of OSHA/IOSHA Citations
- The Worst that Can Happen During or After a Construction Project: Advice on Dealing with Potential and Actual Claims
- The Worst that Can Happen With Things that Move: Automation Law 101
- The Worst that Has Happened: What Courts Have Decided When Projects Have Gone Wrong
The seminar also will allow you to network and market with contractors, subcontractors, designers, owners, service providers and legal experts. Seminar handouts will include the annual Construction Review, a national publication summarizing significant construction cases from across the country in 2012.
Registration Fee: $25.00
For more information and to view a detailed agenda, please click here.