Assessing the Future of New GMO Crops and Their Impact on Global Trade Patterns
John Mandler, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP;
Marcella Szymanski, Ph.D., Agriculture, Biotechnology and Textile Trade Policy Deputy Division Chief, U.S. Department of State
- What is the current outlook for registrations of new GMO crops globally?
- How will their acceptance or rejection affect global trade flows of existing and new varieties?
- Is the physical supply chain prepared to handle segregation of new varieties not accepted by major destination markets and if so what is the cost to the overall system of implementing this segregation?
- What is the likelihood of trade disputes erupting over acceptance of GMOs?
New Approaches to Addressing Food Safety/Quality in the Global Feed and Food Supply Chains
Dean Roberts, Manager, US Food, Feed and Agriculture Markets, Bruker Optics
- What risks do exporters and importers currently face in today's market and what new risks can they expect to confront in the near future?
- With incidences of counterfeiting and fraud increasing, what can shippers and importers do to minimize their occurrence?
- What best practices are being adopted to ensure loss prevention?
- A plethora of technologies and risk management systems are available in the market to address these issues: how should participants select the best tools to address their needs?