"Drafting Employee Handbooks: Minimizing Exposure Risks" will be a live 90-minute webinar with interactive Q&A. The CLE event will guide counsel in drafting employee handbooks that minimize liability risks for employers, preserve at-will employment, address recent National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) decisions and avoid creating unintended contractual rights for employees.
Lindsey M. Hogan of Faegre Baker Daniels in Chicago and Ellen Bronchetti of Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton in San Francisco will present. Key issues of discussion will include:
- What are the essential components of an employee handbook?
- What are the most common handbook provisions that are being challenged by employees and the NLRB?
- What wage and hour handbook provisions are being targeted by wage and hour class counsel?
- How are courts ruling on whether or not employment manuals confer unintended contractual rights upon employees?
- How can employee handbook provisions be drafted to avoid or void unintended contractual liability?