PLI's Ninth Annual Patent Law Institute will bring together patent prosecutors, patent litigators and strategic/transactional lawyers for two days of skill-sharpening and networking. On day one, three Faegre Baker Daniels attorneys will co-lead sessions at the event.
Walter Linder will participate in the session, "Inter Partes Review and Post-Grant Review - Interplay of PTAB/District Court Litigation." The panel will cover:
- To stay or not to stay, that is the question
- Understanding the estoppel effects of PTAB proceedings
- Who trumps whom – is it possible to be liable for infringing a patent the PTAB has struck down?
Trevor Carter will participate in "Effective Use of Courtroom Technology." The session will cover:
- Understanding the role of technology in the courtroom and its perception by juries
- Knowing when to invest in complex video and animation demonstratives
- How to convey complex concepts using graphics
- How the use of technology at hearings differs from trials
Scott Alter will participate in "Patent-Eligible Subject Matter After Alice v. CLS Bank." The session will cover:
- Navigating the Supreme Court Test for Patent Eligibility
- Federal Circuit and lower court decisions since Alice v. CLS Bank and ramifications for your practice