A Supreme Court decision in May has opened the door to sports betting, but should you wager on the legalization of sports gambling in Indiana? Join us for a panel discussion on the state of sports betting in light of this ruling and how the Supreme Court decision affects Indiana.
With the federal law that prohibited states from legalizing wagering on sports contests struck down, it is unclear whether Indiana will follow states like Rhode Island by authorizing in-person sports gambling at casinos. Indiana also awaits the state Supreme Court’s consideration of a case that will determine whether online fantasy sports operators require the consent of players whose statistics and performances they profit from. Panelists will delve into these issues and their implications.
- Scott Bearby, Vice President of Legal Affairs and General Counsel, NCAA
- Casey Brett, Director of Strategy and Innovation for Major League Baseball
- Senator Jon Ford
- Jimmie McMillian, Senior Corporate Counsel, Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Representative Alan Morrison
- Ken Ungar, President and Founder, CHARGE
An application for Indiana Continuing Legal Education (CLE) will be submitted.
It's $20.00/person to attend. Lunch is included.
If you have questions about the program, please contact Kelley Mann or call +1 317 237 1161.