2019 has been a busy year – packed with employment law developments that will impact your organization’s workforce in 2020 and beyond. Join us for an interactive discussion on how to start the new year with direction and confidence in your employment law compliance goals and strategies, including:
- Practical tactics for conducting an employment law vulnerability assessment.
- Tips for reviewing and applying all the latest developments on the wage and hour front, including the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) final regulations on salary thresholds for exempt employees and new state law limitations on independent contractor status.
- Purposeful and manageable approaches for coping with proliferating state/local laws on paid and unpaid time off, limits on background checking and more.
- Marijuana, CBD and disability accommodation – oh my! Does your drug testing policy need a fresh look?
- Strategies for monitoring the ongoing ripple effects of the #MeToo movement on investigation practices, as well as training and other harassment prevention measures.
We will discuss these topics and more to help you make 2020 a truly happy new year!
An application for standard Indiana CLE credit will be submitted. The program will also be submitted to the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for continuing education credit.
If you have questions about this program, please contact Kelley Mann or call +1 317 237 1161.