Greg has deep experience defending against class and collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII and Section 1981, including defeating class certification and prevailing on the merits. He also defends employers from claims under:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA)
- Other state and federal anti-discrimination, wage and hour, noncompetition, and anti-retaliation laws
Greg has represented employers in jurisdictions throughout the country, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), U.S. Department of Labor, and other state and local agencies.
Greg counsels clients on matters involving criminal background checks, covenants not to compete, wage and hour laws, drug and alcohol testing, and employee discipline and termination. He works with organizations to create separation agreements and releases, employee handbooks, and other employment policies.
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Greg most recently practiced labor and employment law at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP in Chicago.