Litigation & Risk Management Services
Matt represents clients in:
- Securities and financial services litigation
- Mergers and acquisition litigation
- Class actions
- Fraud and related business torts
- Trade secrets litigation
- Constitutional law
- Internal & government investigations
- Compliance and regulatory counseling
Matt has represented clients in administrative actions brought by state and federal regulators, including the Department of Justice, SEC, Indiana Attorney General's Office and the Indiana Secretary of State, Securities Division.
Matt litigates complex constitutional law matters in trial and appellate courts. He has handled appeals in numerous state and federal appellate courts, including the United State Supreme Court. See, e.g., Hamdi v. Rumsfeld, 542 U.S. 507 (2004) (habeas corpus petition brought on behalf of U.S. citizen being detained indefinitely as an "illegal enemy combatant”) (amicus).