Bill’s work includes:
- Forming and financing business entities
- Counseling on operational matters
- Preparing contracts and related documents
- Advising on corporate and partnership mergers and acquisitions
- Advising on dissolution and dissociation
Bill is one of the nation’s foremost authorities on LLC and partnership law, and he has particular expertise in laws concerning fiduciary duties and obligations. He frequently serves as a consulting and testifying expert witness in matters involving corporate, limited liability company, partnership, limited partnership, contract, professional malpractice and other disputes.
Affordable Housing & Community Development
Bill advises on low-income housing tax credit syndications and creative debt financing. He has assisted clients with hundreds of low-income housing tax credit deals since 1987, and has completed transactions in states from Alaska to Florida. He also has extensive experience implementing historic rehabilitation tax credits, New Markets Tax Credits and federal energy credits.
Bill participated in drafting Colorado and uniform limited liability company, partnership and limited partnership statutes.
- Tilburg University School of Law (Netherlands) — Visiting Professor of Law
- University of Colorado School of Law — Thomson Visiting Professor of Law
- University of Ottawa School of Law — Feeney Professor of Business Law
- University of Kentucky College of Law — Visiting Professor of Law
- Washington & Lee University Law School — Practitioner-in-Residence