Brian represents owners, developers, investors, design-builders, contractors, automation technology integrators and specialty construction vendors in bringing projects online in locations throughout North America.
Property Development Transactions
Brian emphasizes risk management, claims avoidance and the prompt resolution of disputes to help his clients complete sophisticated, high-performance projects on time and on budget. He supports clients in:
- Obtaining, negotiating and coordinating project financing agreements, development structures, and contract rights and obligations.
- Selecting efficient project delivery methods and completing initial project feasibility and design tasks.
- Performing risk assessments related to project agreements and participants Drafting and negotiating design, construction, supply, integration and other project contracts.
- Instituting project controls and managing turnover and project operation.
Brian advises clients in numerous types of private and public development projects, including:
- Multi-family residential and mixed-use buildings.
- Historic redevelopment projects.
- Solar and wind energy generation projects.
- Automated manufacturing facilities, including food processing projects.
- Hospitals and health care facilities.
- Class A office space campuses.
Development Dispute Resolution
Brian advocates for clients' rights in complex mediation, litigation and arbitration proceedings arising from development projects, including resolving construction defect and delay claims, payment disputes, insurance coverage claims, and bond and mechanic's lien actions.