A former regulator, Shaun understands the maze of state and federal regulatory requirements and the legislative and social policies behind their enforcement. As former in-house counsel in the insurance industry, she understands the financial and regulatory pressures facing industry players and works with clients to identify and implement best practices.
Drawing from her in-house experience, Shaun knows the importance of being ahead of the curve on policy discussions and getting in front of the right decision makers to shape insurance regulation. And, finally, as a former client, Shaun understands the value of well-informed, efficient counsel who are willing to walk through the legal issues alongside their clients — even when it requires walking over shards of broken glass.
Areas of Focus
- Formation and licensing, compliance and investment questions.
- Market conduct and other enforcement issues.
- Troubled company issues, rehabilitation and liquidation of estates and guaranty fund issues.
- Corporate governance matters (e.g., enterprise risk management, model audit rule and shareholder issues).
- Transactions, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Health Care Reform and implementation issues.
- Holding Company Act matters.
- Health insurance (individual and group) questions, including rate and form filings.