Insurance Recovery/Dispute Resolution
Rikke leads the firm’s insurance recovery practice, serving as national insurance counsel to business policyholders across industries, including a privately held global food, agriculture, and financial product and services company and a publicly traded multinational food and mineral company.
Rikke has successfully handled high-stakes insurance claims and litigation throughout the U.S., assisting 100+ clients each year in recovering on small to multimillion-dollar insurance claims. Corporate policyholder clients have included Flint Hills Resources, General Mills, Wells Fargo and Xcel Energy.
Insurance Claims Assistance
Recognizing that litigation is not always the best way to maximize recovery, Rikke uses experience representing insurers as a part of St. Paul Companies' national coverage counsel team at her former firm to help policyholders work with claims representatives and coverage counsel. Rikke knows how to fully document different types of insurance claims and how to advocate for maximum payment.
Rikke has experience in insurance claims assistance and coverage litigation nationally regarding:
- Directors and officers (D&O) insurance procurement and recovery
- Food contamination general liability and recall insurance recovery
- Cyber coverage procurement and claims
- Pollution/alleged groundwater contamination claims under general liability, property and pollution policies
- Theft and fraud claims under financial institutions bonds, crime and liability policies
- Errors and omissions (E&O) and professional coverage claims
- Product liability insurance recovery for manufacturers
- International shipping/marine and property coverage for lost or destroyed products and container leakage claims
- Workers’ compensation and auto liability recovery and self-insured/excess reinsurance coverage claims
- Property and appraisal recovery claims for storm destruction damages
Internationally, Rikke has recovered insurance funds for losses in Europe, Asia and South America, and she has worked extensively on non-admitted insurance issues and international policy drafting. She advises U.S. companies across Europe on contract drafting, retention of and work with in-country counsel, and provision of supporting opinions and analysis
Law Firm Representation
Having served as chief counsel to Faegre & Benson from 2006 to 2011, Rikke also continues to advise clients and the firm’s lawyers on business risk, ethics and loss prevention.
Rikke studied and worked in France for eight years and is fluent in French. She has also worked in Denmark and is fluent in Danish.