Shawna has represented a variety of construction project participants, including owners, general contractors and subcontractors. She advises on contract drafting and negotiations and risk assessment on the front end of construction projects, with particular expertise on the unique risks associated with automation construction and related disputes. She also handles disputes related to mechanic’s lien rights and defective work, delay and cost overrun claims.
Real Estate Litigation
Shawna has extensive experience litigating and advising clients concerning real estate disputes, including:
- Title insurance coverage disputes and title defense litigation.
- Tenant-landlord disputes and related litigation.
- Eminent domain proceedings.
Shawna has a growing practice representing clients in litigation involving complex financial transactions, including loan disputes, commercial foreclosures and breach of contract. Her experience includes:
- Representing lenders in disputed commercial foreclosures.
- Representing clients in cases involving commercial loans and related agreements.
- Representing corporate trustees in foreclosures and related matters.
- Involvement in various bankruptcy litigation matters.
General Commercial Litigation
In addition to the specialized areas above, Shawna has also handled general commercial litigation cases, including:
- Successfully prosecuting a claim to pierce the corporate veil.
- Representing parties in business dissolution disputes.
- Prosecution and defense of commercial breach-of-contract cases.