Ed's work includes:
- Representing banks, bank holding companies and thrift organizations in discussions with the Federal Reserve Board, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, and other state banking agencies regarding enforcement matters, compliance issues, examination reports, de novo formations, charter conversions, capital raising transactions and consumer compliance issues.
- Representing financial institutions in transactional matters, including more than 30 acquisitions of banks and thrifts, capital raises, purchases of distressed debt, and the purchase and sale of pools of commercial real estate loans.
- Representing financial institutions in large commercial real estate workout transactions, including as lead trial counsel and in bankruptcy court.
- As lead trial counsel, defending various consumer finance class action claims, including claims for violation of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and state consumer statutes.
Complex Commercial Litigation
Ed represents financial institutions and other clients in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation, including all aspects of pretrial procedure, trials, appeals, arbitrations and mediations. His litigation representation has included:
- Lead trial counsel in civil antitrust price-fixing, tying, monopolization and Robinson-Patman Act actions
- Lead trial counsel in cases involving securities fraud, breach of contract, consumer fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims
Before joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Ed was executive vice president at FBOP Corporation where he directed legal, regulatory, compliance and workout matters.