Fiduciary and Probate/Trust Litigation
Sarah advises and represents corporate fiduciaries and charitable nonprofits in:
- Will and trust contests
- Breach of fiduciary duty actions
- Contests of inter vivos transfers
- Accounting contests
- Commitment proceedings
Sarah also has experience in antitrust and real estate disputes as well as cases involving breach of licensing/contract, fraudulent inducement, insurance coverage and other business matters.
Sarah represents clients in mediation, trial, and before state and federal courts of appeal. She has advised corporate fiduciaries, professional advisors, nonprofits, technology companies, insurance and financial entities, churches and religious organizations, and individuals and families.
Sarah represents insurance companies in coverage disputes, interpleaders, negligent underwriting and privacy claims, and multidistrict litigation in antitrust cases. She has defended companies that provide health, life, home, auto and business insurance products in state, federal and appellate courts. With years of experience in the industry, she understands the business issues at stake for insurers.
Skilled at representing clients in litigation, Sarah also encourages clients to take proactive measures to manage the risk of legal action. Her services include:
- Drafting waivers, releases and indemnification agreements to reduce risk of liability
- Helping organizations with child guests develop child protection policies to safeguard visitors, manage risk and comply with insurance policy requirements
- Working with individuals to minimize the risk of their estate plans later being contested
- Helping fiduciaries minimize the risk of successful breach of fiduciary duty claims