Elaine leads FaegreBD’s global mobility team and has managed global visa matters for clients sending employees to 40+ countries on six continents. She has represented clients, including Fortune 500 companies, within the food, agribusiness, financial, construction, beverage, biomedical, manufacturing, automotive, advertising and technology industries.
Professional Global Services
- Developing tailored expatriate programs that align with assignment length and purpose as well as company goals
- Developing policies and procedures for managing high-volume moves of employees across borders
- Managing and coordinating activities necessary to secure appropriate host country work authorization and residence for employees and their dependent family members for the duration of an international assignment
- Coordinating extensions of stay and ensuring compliance with host country exit requirements
- Assisting with consular visa applications
- Advising on compliance with host country immigration laws and regulatory schemes
Professional U.S. Immigration Services
As a U.S. immigration lawyer since 1985, Elaine has experience in all facets of U.S. employment-based immigration. She advises clients on legal issues involved in hiring foreign national employees, manages the preparation and filing of temporary, nonimmigrant visa petitions for companies seeking to employ foreign nationals in the United States, and regularly advises clients on nonimmigrant visa options for professionals working in specialty occupations, intra-company transferees, investors, entertainers and individuals of extraordinary ability in their field of endeavor.
Elaine also helps clients sponsor employees for permanent residence, advises on maintenance of permanent resident status, assists individuals with citizenship applications, and counsels on relinquishment of permanent residence or renunciation of U.S. citizenship.