Josh helps clients negotiate and complete transactions and resolve disputes related to various real estate matters. He has represented national retailers, convenience stores, landowners and homeowners associations, among other clients. His expertise includes:
- Lease negotiations.
- Property rights acquisitions and negotiation of easements.
- Disputes related to leases, easements, zoning and entitlements, and other land use issues, both with adjacent property owners and governmental entities.
- HOA disputes, including those arising under the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act.
- Matters pertaining to special districts.
Josh represents private owners and condemning entities in eminent domain proceedings in Colorado and around the country. He assists property owners facing condemnation and represents utility and energy companies in acquiring necessary property interests, often through acquiring right-of-way corridors. He has represented clients in various industries, including a national truck fleet leasing company, an international agriculture company, and a number of utility and energy companies.
Josh partners with clients to complete construction projects efficiently and to mitigate risk and resolve disputes that emerge during the process. His expertise includes:
- Drafting and negotiating master agreements for general contractors and architects.
- Advising on day-to-day issues that arise in connection with the build out of new spaces and alterations of existing spaces.
- Drafting and negotiating construction agreements, for both contractors and subcontractors.
- Construction litigation.