Life Insurance and Annuity Representation
While Monika represents life insurance and annuity companies in all stages of litigation and regulatory investigations, she specalizes in:
- Litigating disputes related to lapse procedures, including allegations of misrepresentation and underfunding of universal life policies
- Developing solutions to industry issues related to modified endowment contracts and maturity contracts
- Filing interpleaders on disputed claims
- Assisting with post-conversion litigation and regulatory matters
- Litigating twisting and agent conduct disputes
Securities and FINRA Litigation
As a member of Faegre Baker Daniel’s securities and financial services group, Monika:
- Represents broker-dealers in regulatory and compliance issues before FINRA and state securitiy divisions in investor disputes
- Defends broker-dealers in defamation actions resulting in connection to Form U-5 filings
- Secures regulatory expungements for CRD/BrokerCheck reports
White Collar Defense and Government Investigations
Prior to joining Faegre Baker Daniels, Monika prosecuted various levels of state crimes, including sitting as first-chair in several felonies and serious misdemeanors, as a student attorney. That interest led to Monika’s engagement in defending clients in criminal matters and investigations. Monika has experience in health care fraud and False Claims Act matters. In addition, Monika has extensive experience guiding and assisting companies through various government interactions including responding to grand jury subpoenas and developing settlements with the government related to investigations and charges.
While Monika considers herself an unofficial Iowa native, she is originally from northern Croatia. Due to that, she loves traveling and exploring different foods and cultures.