Sean advises and represents educational institutions on a wide range of matters, including:
- Faculty tenure and termination
- Title IX actions
- State and federal government investigations
- Student conduct and discipline
- Disability access and accommodations
He regularly advises clients on issues relating to Title IX, the Clery Act, FERPA, VAWA, and other state and federal laws affecting higher education. Sean has represented countless institutions in responding to investigations by the U.S. Department of Education – Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
Sean has defended employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies related to:
- Claims of discrimination under Title VII, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), whistleblower statutes and related state law
- Wrongful termination, breach of contract, and minimum wage and overtime violations under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage laws
- Trade secrets and non-compete claims
Sean counsels employers on non-competition agreements, employee classification and employee hiring, and discipline and discharge. He helps employers prepare employment agreements, separation agreements and general employee policies. Sean also has conducted numerous internal investigations of misconduct.
Sean enjoys camping, golf, and excels at underhand sports.